About us

HISTORY

Conceria del Chienti roots go back to 1924 when Mr. Francesco Borbotti founded the Borbotti tannery in the city centre of Tolentino. Later in 1943, when Nazareno Gabrielli joined the company, Conceria Borbotti took its actual name of Conceria del Chienti and, from 1953, under the leadership of the engineer Mr. Bruno Martarelli, CTC started a development period that brought the company from handicraft to an industrial dimension, also with a commercial expansion in the most important international markets. 
In 2014 Conceria del Chienti elevated itself to an international dimension, becoming a part of the Chinese State Owned Enterprise Jihua Group, subsidiary company of Xingxing Cathay International Group, listed in the Shanghai stock.